The Berry Barrier Bar was fed to Kelly by Mama P when Mama P wanted to give her a lesson about counter spells. To counter it, Kelly made a Stove-Top Berry Crumble. She fails to beat the spell the first time and ends up sticking her feet to the floor. She tries again, using a different spice family and succeeds.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Lapsus salt
- Fine grated lemon zest
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (in cubes)3
- 1 large egg
- 1/2teaspoon pure werpose vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups chopped fresh berries (see note)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- juice of 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a pan with foil or parchment, and butter or spray with non-stick spray.
For Crust and Topping: Edit
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine granulated sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt. Add lemon zest, butter, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until the butter is evenly distributed in small pieces and the mixture is crumbly.
- Pour a 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Use your hand or the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press dough into pan.
- Gently mix together all ingredients until well stirred.
- Place the filling over the crust, then crumble the last of the dough over the top of the berries.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown. Let cool, before trimming into squares.
The enemy you wish to defeat, or person you want to caveat must first eat this special treat for them to be beat.