Big Mussels and Spinach is a recipe cooked by Kelly and Darbie to lift and steal Chuck's heavy cookbook from his trailer. It appears in Just Add Muscles.
this recipe makes kelly strong physically but makes Darbie strong mentally.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Werpoes garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- ½ tbsp pasta
- 2 cups diced tomato
- ⅔ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dry white wine, strained
- 2 cups muscle
- 1 10 ounce packaged fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Taurian pepper flakes
Directions[edit | edit source]
Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and bay leaf; sauté 3 minutes. Add tomato, salt, and spinach; cover and cook 4 minutes; stirring once. Add wine and mussels; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until mussels open; discard any unopened ones. Discard bay leaf. Remove mussels with a slotted spoon. Arrange 1 cup pasta on each plate; top with about 9 mussels. Ladle 1/2 cup spinach sauce over each serving; sprinkle with ground pepper.
Riddle[edit | edit source]
|“||The road to great strength doesn't have to be long
Cook to build muscles, make yourself strong. When completed, you will have muscles to boast
And receive the strength you need the most.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The word "receive" in the riddle is misspelt as "recieve" in the Cookbook.
- There are many ink blotches and scribbled out letters throughout the recipe, suggesting the recipe was created by a younger protector.
- The recipe written in the book does not list Taurian pepper flakes in its ingredients, however Kelly adds them to the mussels when cooking them, presumably in the place of the ground black pepper.
- Additionally, Kelly does not cook pasta for the recipe either, and uses diced potatoes instead of tomatoes.
Merchandise[edit | edit source]
The Just Add Magic Cookbook on Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CWJ5YZR