Bitter Truth Truffles was a recipe cooked by Kelly, Hannah, and Darbie to figure out if Mama P was really on their side and could be trusted. It first appears in the episode Just Add Mom, and makes a second appearance on Just Add Betrayal.
- 8 ounces of bitter chocolate
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 stick of butter (or 1/4 cup if you're not using a stick)
- Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of Elysian Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Melt chocolate in the double boiler.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour cream and butter over the melted chocolate mixture, mix.
- Add Elysian sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until creamy.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Scoop chocolate with a melon baller onto a baking sheet.
- Roll in cocoa powder and refrigerate .
The truth is bitter, and lies are sweet, so take a second to enjoy your treat.