Bitter Truth Truffles was a recipe cooked by Kelly Quinn, Hannah Parker-Kent, and Darbie O'Brien to figure out the truth of Mama P, but it backfired. It was also used again in Just Add Betrayal to figure out what were Terri Quinn and Adam Lever up to.
Story[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
In Just Add Mom, it is used to figure out if Mama P was really on their side and could be trusted but backfired. Later in the episode, Hannah and Darbie ate it and started confessing secrets. They also told Jake about the cookbook and where it is hidden. Jake told Mama P and she sneaked into the Quinn's house and stole the cookbook.
Season 2 (Part 2)[edit | edit source]
In Just Add Betrayal, it is mentioned in the previously on segment. They suggest to cook Bitter Truth Truffles. At the debate, they give Adam Lever a truffle, but he loves truffles so he takes 2. But when he tastes the first one, he doesn't want to take another one. Kelly tries to give her mom a truffle but she denies it. But Kelly says she does not want to take one but her opponent ate one. Then she takes one.
The spell reveals a lot of secrets throughout the debate such as:
- What would the candidate do to stop crime; Adam does not know what to do but answers for every home, the family must get an alarm system. Terri answers by strengthening the neighborhood's watch group.
- Terri is proud of the speedbumps she instituted.
- Adam thinks that year-round school is a great idea because summer schools are expensive.
- Terri thinks that she looks forward to family vacations every summer because it is important for downtime.
- Adam thinks that the best part of being mayor (perks) he never has to pay for a parking ticket. Terri answers by being able to make a difference.
While answering, Mr. Morris busts the girls of giving Adam and Terri Bitter Truth Truffles. Mr. Morris states that he was wrong; they are just as irresponsible as the other protectors. He says they need to fix it.
By the end of the debate, Adam asks Terri a question. Adam states that Terri is the preservation candidate, she answers yes. Then Adam asks her why would she start a successful petition to destroy the main library and build an outdoor music stage. She states she was younger then and seeing her favorite bands were important to her but she regrets that choice now. Then he asks why didn't she make the information public. The spell takes over her, and she was hoping that no one would find out and she covered it out. This shocks that audience. Then that ended the debate.
Then Darbie figures a way to end the spell. She pours hot water in a cup and dumps the second truffle in the water in order to make hot chocolate. Then gives it to Terri. Then the spell ends. Then the girls go to Adam and ask about how she got the information about the main library and the outdoor music stage. The spell takes over him and replies by saying he got it from Mama P. She's been spying on Terri since it was Terri's official headquarters. Then they figure out to give him another truffle by saying the first one bought him luck so the second one will bring more luck. He goes ahead then spell breaks on both of them.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 ounces of bitter chocolate (½ cup) or dark chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Elysian Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Melt chocolate in the double boiler.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour cream and butter over the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add Elysian Sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until creamy.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Scoop chocolate with a melon baller onto a baking sheet.
- Refrigirate and roll in cocoa powder
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In order to break the spell, eat one truffle then eat another truffle. It's a on-and-off switch. First truffle enables the truth and second truffle disables the truth.
- Though this is a recipe in the cookbook, not all recipes are good or bad recipes (Solve the Clues-Cous).
Riddle[edit | edit source]
The truth is bitter,
The lies are sweet
So, take a second to enjoy your treat.