Bitter Truth Truffles was a recipe cooked by Kelly Quinn, Hannah Parker-Kent, and Darbie O'Brien to figure out if Mama P was really on their side and could be trusted. Its first appearance was in the episode Just Add Mom, and makes a second and final appearance on Just Add Betrayal, where it was used to spell Adam Leaver, Mrs. Quinn's competition for mayor.
- 8 ounces of bitter chocolate / 1 cup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter (or 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Elysian Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt chocolate in the double boiler.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour cream and butter over the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add Elysian Sugar and vanilla.
- Stir until creamy.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Scoop chocolate with a melon baller onto a baking sheet.
- Roll in cocoa powder and refrigerate.
- Serve with milk.
The truth is bitter, and lies are sweet, so take a second to enjoy your treat.