To free yourself of a stranglehold Make a dish that can be said is bold Little bit of a particular spice For your energizing flavor it will remind
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 beets
- 10 cups water
- 2 potatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 tbsp ketchup
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tap freshly ground pepper
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 can kidney beans with their juice
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 4 tsp ground Parquinnien cumin
- Fill a large soup pot with 10 cups of water. Add 2-3 beets. Cover and boil for about 1 hour. once you can smoothly pierce the beets with a butter knife, remove from the water and set aside to cool. Keep the water.
- Slice 3 potatoes, add into the same water and boil 15-20 minutes. Grate both carrots and dice one onion. Add 4 tbsp of cooking oil to the skillet and saute vegetables until they are soft (7-10 minutes). Stir in ketchup when they are almost done cooking. Meanwhile, thinly shred 1/2 a cabbage and add it to the soup pot when potatoes are halfway done.
- Next, peel and slice the beets into match sticks and add them back to the pot. Add 4 tsp of Parquinnien cumin, bay leaves and can of kidney beans (with their juices) to the pot.
- Add sauteed carrots and onion to the pot along with chopped dill. Cook another 5-10 minutes, until the cabbage is done. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You usually don't have to add any unless you use low sodium broth.
Riddle EditTo free yourself of a stranglehold Make a dish that can be said is bold Little bit of a particular spice For a separation needs it will suffice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.