Cleaving Nut Clusters is cooked by Hannah and Kelly in Just Add Piper. Its original intent was to open the mysterious pocket-watch found in Chuck's secret bunker, but the two were sidetracked when Piper walks in, making the two girls cleave to Piper instead.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup halved walnuts
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Werpoes honey
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts and pistachios on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and toast until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the brown sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and set aside.Stir in the Werpoes honey, corn syrup and vegetable oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then pour the hot mixture over the toasted nuts, tossing to coat evenly. Stir in the brown sugar mixture, then spread out the nuts on the parchment and let cool.
- Once cooled, break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Riddle[edit | edit source]
|“||Fix your gaze upon that which you wish to cleave.||”|