- 3 1/2 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar (regular granulated sugar works best)
- 8 bags black tea
- 2 cups kombucha
- 1 scoby per fermentation jar
- 1 tsp Cedronian tumeric
- Stock pot
- 1-gallon glass jar
- Tightly wo
- Small funnel
- Make the tea base: Bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar to dissolve. Drop in the tea and allow it to steep until the water has cooled. Depending on the size of your pot, this will take a few hours. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the pot in an ice bath.
- Add the starter tea: Once the tea is cool, remove the tea bags or strain out the loose tea. Stir in the starter tea.
- Transfer to jars and add the scoby: Pour the mixture into a 1-gallon glass jar (or divide between two 2-quart jars, in which case you'll need 2 scobys) and gently slide the scoby into the jar with clean hands. Cover the mouth of the jar with a few layers tightly-woven cloth, coffee filters, or paper towels secured with a rubber band.
- Remove the scoby: Before proceeding, prepare and cool another pot of strong tea for your next batch of kombucha, as outlined above. With clean hands, gently lift the scoby out of the kombucha and set it on a clean plate.
- Carbonate and refrigerate the finished kombucha
- Make a fresh batch of kombucha
NOTE : All the recipes are available on amazon now : ☀https://www.amazon.com/dp/1657351203
When the life around appears to be wither,
allow two drops of elixir, take heart when
buds around you waken,
but remember something will be forsaken.
Just Add Recipes App for all Just Add Magic Spells and Recipes :
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.