Curse-Breaking Candied Stone Fruit is a recipe, cooked in Just Add Pluots, cooked by Kelly, Mama P and Jake. Its original purpose was to revert the curse on Grandma Becky, but Mama P hijacked the spell in order to revert her own curse. Mama P did not care that the whole town was frozen, the price of her recipe (but later in Just Add Summer, she came back to Saffron Falls).
Story[edit | edit source]
Part 1[edit | edit source]
When at Mama P's, Mama P and Jake offer to help Kelly bring her grandma back while being grounded (see Walk-In-My-Shoes Schnitzel). Hannah Parker-Kent comes by and asks Mama P to put much Cedronian sugar. She answers yes. Then they all cook 500 of these.
Part 2[edit | edit source]
It's The Pluot Festival! Mama P, Kelly, and Jake set up a booth to sell the fruit. They do well, till Hannah comes and tells everyone not to buy or eat the fruit then Kelly says she's joking. After cooking Protein Protection Shake, Hannah offers Kelly a shake but Kelly spills it. After Mama P's farewell speech, Jake offers Kelly another shake. Then the entire town freezes expect Darbie, Mama P, Ms. Silvers, Kelly and Hannah.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 5 stone fruit
- 2 tablespoons Cedronian refined sugar
- 10 Merwaldian candied cherries
- Lapsus agave nectar
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Wash the fruit then cut in half and remove pits.
- Blanch by submerging in boiling water, then plunge back into ice water.
- Combine nectar and sugar.
- Drizzle the nectar mixture into small cups like in the image above.
- Place one fruit half on top of each nectar mixture.
- Flip so flat face of fruit is facing down.
- Place a candied cherry on top of each stone fruit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first recipe cooked by Mama P and Jake.