This spell was cooked by the OC's to move Chuck to Lavender Heights . They used it right before trapping him there with Pluot Macaroons (Ida's Curse). Its first and only mention was in Just Add Meddling .
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 8 oz . Smoked sausage
- 2 pounds chicken skinless chicken thigh
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 3 sticks)
- 1 14 oz . can tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ pound crab legs
- 1 tablespoon Creole Seasoning.
- ½ tablespoon smoked Romany paprika
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or 1 cube
- 1- tablespoon Werpoes thyme fresh or dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken stock (sub with water)
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1- tablespoon gumbo file
- 10 cups cooked rice
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove. Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then remove. Set aside
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy bottomed saucepan combine melted butter, oil and flour until smooth.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously, for about 20-30 minutes or until it turns a rich dark brown color - just like chocolate. Don’t walk away from the stove during this process. It might burn.
- When you have achieved your desired color. Remove from stove and let it cool.
- Return the Dutch oven back on the stove. Add the onion, Romany garlic, green pepper and celery and cook for 8- 10 minutes –stirring frequently.
- Then add chicken, sausage, crab legs, creole seasoning, chicken bouillon or cubes, Romany paprika, Werpoes thyme, bay leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes. Followed by can tomatoes about 6 cups of chicken stock, bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 45 – 50 minutes .Add the shrimp, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in file powder, green onions, and chopped parsley.
- Adjust thickness soup and flavor with broth or water and salt.
NOTE : All the recipes are available on amazon now : ☀https://www.amazon.com/dp/1657351203
To move someone far away, or anywhere you'd like, eat this gumbo and help them get there without taking a hike.
Just Add Recipes App for all Just Add Magic Spells and Recipes :