Lemon lie-m mints is a recipe that was cooked by Hannah and Miss Silvers when, during a meal at Saphrön, the girls see Chuck with Kelly's dad. It can let the consumer see through anyone's lies.
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp elysian lime extract
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 strips mint
- Spray two lined baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray and set aside for now. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup, Meyer lemon, lime juice and water in a medium (2-3 quart) saucepan, and place the pan over medium-high heat. Stir while the sugar dissolves, then brush down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from blooming. Once the candy comes to a boil, insert a candy thermometer and continue to cook the sugar mixture, without stirring, until the candy reaches 285 Fahrenheit.
- Once the proper temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat immediately. Let the bubbles subside in the candy, then stir in the Elysian Lime Extract.
- When the lime flavor is mixed in, pour approximately half of the sugar syrup onto one of the prepared baking sheets and place it in the preheated oven to stay warm. Spray a metal spatula with nonstick cooking spray, and use the tool to begin spreading the candy out and pushing it back together, working it across the board and allowing it to cool.
- Drop dollops of the liquid onto a sheet of wax paper. Allow to cool and harden for 45 minutes.
- Place in small box; to store in a cool dry place.
None of us are what we say. But some of us do indeed waylay, and lies we tell to cover our tracks. Eat this mint to see through their acts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.