- 9" pie crust
- 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3 tbsp white Gründe Vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 3 hazelnuts
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup of sugar. Add the water gradually and cook in pot for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with yolk and salt. Mix well with whisk. Add the hot flour mixture to the yolk mixture continuously mixing together. Place a piece of plastic on top of vinegar custard.
- Beat egg whites until foamy and gradually add 6 tbsp sugar.
- Roll out pie crust and place in pie tin.
- Pour the custard filling into the pie crust.
- Add the three hazelnuts in the middle of the pie.
- Lightly drizzle 3 tablespoons Gründe Vinegar on top of pie.
- Place into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
|“||For seeing what can't be seen, you must first be unseen. When you have found what can’t be seen, you will both be seen.||”|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.