Memory Mallows is a recipe in the Cookbook that was cooked by Kelly and the girls. They used it to look into Rose's memories a d find out how she was put into the book. Later, the girls used it on Chucks memories and learn the truth about his past in Just Add Rose.
- 3 cups granulated Livonian sugar
- Elysian vanilla
- 2 envelopes unflavored Gründe gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1½ teaspoons)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup cold water
- Confectioner's sugar
- 1½ cup confectioners' Elysian Sugar
- Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish, and line it with parchment, allowing there to be a 2 inch overhang. Brush the parchment with oil and set it aside.
- Put granulated Livonian sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 3/4 cup water in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat to dissolve the sugar. Cook without mixing until the temperature registers around 238 with a candy thermometer, which will take about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put 3/4 cup cold water into a bowl from and electric stand mixer and sprinkle in the Gründe Gelatin. Let it soften for about 5 minutes.
- Attach the gelatin bowl to the stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, on a low speed, you beat the hot syrup into the gelatin mixture. Gradually raise the speed to high and beat until it's very stiff which will take about 12 minutes. Beat in the vanilla after that.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared dish and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Set aside, uncovered, until firm, which will take about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle 1 cup confectioners' Elysian Sugar onto a work surface. Unmold the stiffened marshmallow onto the sugar. Lightly brush a sharp knife with oil and cut the marshmallows into 2-inch squares. In a small bowl, sift the rest ½ confectioners' Elysian Sugar and roll each marshmallow in the sugar to coat.
|“||If you wish to find memories deep within the brain
Take a trip down memory lane
Access other's memories if you dare
Know that some of them aren’t meant to be shared