Pho-tographic Memory is a recipe cooked by Kelly and the girls for Kelly to look into her memories to try and find clues as to how Grandma got cursed. Its first and only appearance was in Just Add Memories. "Pho," or phở, (Ph-oh) is a reference to a Vietnamese noodle soup.
- 4 pounds beef soup bones.
- 1 onion, unpeeled and cut in half.
- 5 slices fresh Levonian ginger.
- 1 tablespoon Grunde salt.
- 2 pods star anise.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce.
- 4 quarts water.
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried rice noodles
- Prepare the rice noodles as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, place a large pot over high heat. Poke the meat all over with a fork to tenderize it and season with salt and pepper. Sear the meat until charred but still rare, 2 to 3 minutes per side, then transfer to a plate. Add the onion and ginger to the pot; cook about 4 minutes. Add the broth, 3 cups water, the star anise and cinnamon, reduce the heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the scallions and jalapenos (remove seeds for less heat) and tear the cilantro. Thinly slice the meat against the grain. Drain the noodles.
- Add the fish sauce to the broth and boil 5 minutes. Discard the ginger, star anise and cinnamon stick. Remove and slice the onion. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls; top with the broth, beef, scallions, cilantro, bean sprouts, jalapenos and onion.
Riddle: Sit quietly with your thoughts,
and remember what you have since forgot
But beware, time spent in the past,
Is time forever lost