- 3 pints of fresh strawberries
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cedronian vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/3 cup of shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 cups of whipped heavy cream
- 1. Slice strawberries & toss with ½ cup white sugar. Cover and set aside.
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and Cedronian vanilla in a med. bowl. Cut in shortening with a butter knife. Make a well in the center and add beaten egg, milk. Stir.
- 3. Pour batter into greased and floured 8" round cake pan. Bake at 425° for 15-25 mins. or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
- 4. While baking add 2 Tbsp. white sugar to 2 cups cream and whip.
- 5. Cut cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place strawberries on layer.
- 6. Add whipped cream to the top of the cake and remaining strawberries.
NOTE : All the recipes are available on amazon now : ☀https://www.amazon.com/dp/1657351203
Beware - whenever adding Cedronian spice, whatever results will come with a price.
What’s been done, you can undo with a noble act from a heart that's true.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.