Shut 'Em Up Shortcake is a recipe that was cooked in the pilot of Just Add Magic. Kelly Quinn cooked this recipe with the help of Darbie O'Brien and Hannah Parker-Kent for Grandma Quinn's birthday. It is also the first thing ever cooked by Kelly, Hannah, and Darbie. At the time though, they had no idea it was magical.
Story[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
The next day, Buddy could not talk and neither could Hannah. Darbie however, could not stop talking. The spell broke when Kelly apologized to Buddy.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
After asking how was Mr. Morris involved in magic, he tells them. In 1996, Caroline goes to Arthur and tells him about the cookbook and how she cannot stop talking. Since Arthur is the smartest one, he asks Caroline if she added the Cedronian vanilla, she replies yes. He tells Caroline to help the new kid (because of the saying: with a noble act from a heart that's true). Then their spells wore off.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cedronian vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup of milk
- 2 cups of whipped heavy cream
- 4 more tablespoons of white suger
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Slice the strawberries and mix with 1/2 cup of sugar. Cover and reserve
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and Cedronian vanilla in a bowl. Cut butter with a butter knife. Make a well in the center and add a beaten egg, milk and water
- Then stir.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured round cake pan. Bake at 425° for 15-25 minutes. or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
- While baking put 4 tablespoons of white sugar and 2 cups of whipped cream.
- When cooled, add decorations like strawberries, sugar balls,etc.....
What's been done you can undo, with a noble act from a heart that's true.
- This is the first cooked recipe in the show