3 pints of fresh strawberries
2 ¼ cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of Cedronian Vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of white sugar
¼ Teaspoon of Salt
1/3 cup of shortening
2/3 cup of milk
2 cups of whipped heavy cream
1. Slice strawberries & toss with ½ cup white sugar. Cover and set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cedronian vanilla in a med. bowl. Cut in shortening with a butter knife. Make a well in the center and add beaten egg, milk. Stir.
3. Pour batter into greased and floured 8" round cake pan. Bake at 425° for 15-25 mins. or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
4. While baking add 2 Tbsp. white sugar to 2 cups cream and whip.
5. Cut cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place strawberries on layer. Top with cake &place whipped cream&the remaining berries on top.
Warning - whenever adding Cedronian spice, whatever results will come with a price. What’s been done, you can undo with a noble act from a heart thats false