This is a recipe that makes whoever eats it mute. But whoever will add the Cedronian vanilla will not stop talking. Shut 'Em Up Shortcake is a recipe that was cooked in the pilot of Just Add Magic. Kelly Quinn cooked this recipe with the help of Darbie O'Brien and Hannah Parker-Kent for Grandma Quinn's birthday.
History[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
When the girls found the cookbook, they started going through the recipes and decided to cook Shut 'Em Up Shortcake. When Kelly was about to serve the cake, Buddy interfered with Kelly and the cake fell.
The next day, Buddy could not talk and neither could Hannah. Darbie however, could not stop talking because she added the Cedronian vanilla. Darbie, Hannah and Buddy's spells broke when Kelly apologized to Buddy.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
After asking how was Mr. Morris involved in magic, he tells them. In 1996, Caroline goes to Arthur and tells him about the cookbook and how she cannot stop talking and how RJ was muted. Since Arthur is the smartest kid in the whole school, he asks Caroline if she added the Cedronian vanilla, she replies yes. He tells Caroline to help the new kid (because of the saying: with a noble act from a heart that's true). Then their spells wore off.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cedronian vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup of milk
- 2 cups of whipped heavy cream
- 4 more tablespoons of white sugar
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Slice strawberries and mix with 1/2 cup of sugar. Cover and reserve.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and Cedronian vanilla in a bowl. Cut butter with a butter knife. Make a well in the center and add a beaten egg, milk, and water.
- Then stir.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured round cake pan. Bake at 425° for 15-25 mins. or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
- While baking put 4 tablespoons of white sugar and 2 cups of whipped cream in a bowl and mix it well.
- Cut the cake in half when it cools down, forming 2 layers. Placing the strawberries in the middle and covering it with the sugar and whipped cream mixture just made now.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first cooked recipe in the show.
- The recipe is in the first episode of Just Add Magic.