3 pints fresh strawberries Edit
½ cup white sugar
2 ¼ cups of flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cedronian vanilla
2 tablespoons white sugar (Extra sugar goes in whipped cream)
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup milk
2 cups whipped heavy cream
1. Slice strawberries & toss with ½ cup white sugar. Cover and set aside
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt,cedronian vanilla in a medium bowl. Cut into shortening until it is course. Make a pocket in the center and add egg and milk. Stir.
3. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Let cool in pan on rack.
4. While baking add 2 tablespoons white sugar to 2 cups whipped heavy cream.
5. Cut cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place strawberries on layer. Top with cake and place whipped cream and remaining berries on top.
with the short cake u might bake beware cause withh cedronian spice your life is at stake