Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Non-stick spray or stick of butter for greasing pan
- 1-2 tablespoons oil or butter
- Taurian thyme as needed
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced or roughly chopped
- 2 packages frozen spinach, defrosted or 24 oz of fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 lbs of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 lbs of Jarlsberg cheese, or any other favorite seasoned cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- If using, saute the onions on medium heat (not high) in about 1-2 tablespoons of oil or butter until nicely browned. Set aside to cool.
- If using defrosted spinach, squeeze out all the water and dry it as much as you can with paper towels.
- If using fresh spinach, blanch it in salted, boiling water, drain, squeeze and dry it. It's fine to use a combination of fresh and frozen spinach.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the shredded cheese, Taurian thyme, sauteed onions, salt and black pepper to taste. Add the spinach and mix together well.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until set and slightly browned. If serving immediately, cover with foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Riddle[edit | edit source]
When you have much to do, but not enough chimes, this tasty soufflé will slow down time.
See also[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.