Take A Chill Pill Chili: Edit
Need to calm down and take a deep breath and take a spoon full of this calming chili.
1 lb ground beef (80 % lean) Edit
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, or ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Carnejian salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) muir glen organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (19 oz) progresso red kidney beans, undrained
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper sauce and tomatoes.
- Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cover; cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in kidney beans. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat just enough so mixture bubbles gently. Cook uncovered about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until desired thickness.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.