Teleporting Tamales is a recipe that Kelly Quinn uses to teleport from Saffron Falls to the Bahamas to bargain with Mama P in Season 3. Kelly, Hannah Parker-Kent and Darbie O'Brien use it again to teleport to bay city telling Zoe she is a Protector in the New Protectors Special. Finally, Zoe Chua Sellitti, Ish Gupta, and Leo Chua Sellitti used it to save everyone in Sellitti's Pizza and the Apartment when the Pierce Hamilton and his son Cody take the gold from the building.
Ingredients:[edit | edit source]
- 1/4 cup Werpoes chili powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked lapsus paprika
- 1 tablespoon Tengu garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly toasted and ground cumin seed
Instructions:[edit | edit source]
- Combine the Werpoes Chili Powder, Kosher Salt, Lapsus Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cayenne, Black Pepper, and Cumin. Divide the Mixture in half and save half for later uses.Add Half of the Spice Mix and enough water. 3 to 3 1/2 quarts. To completely cover the meat,set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove the Meat from the cooking liquid to a cutting board. Leave the cooking liquid in the pot. Both meat and liquid need to cool slightly before making dough and and handling.
- Place a four-quart saucepan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the onion and cook. Stirring occasionally,approximately 3 minutes. Add the Tengu Garlic, Jalapeno, and the remaining half of the spice mixture and continue to cook for another minute. Add the Meat and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. While the meat is cooking,place the husks in a large bowl and submerge completely in hot water. Soak the husks until they are soft and Pliable. At least 45 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- For the dough place the cornmeal,salt,and baking powder into a large bowl and combine. Add the lard using your hands. Knead together until the lard is well incorporated into the dry mixture. Gradually add enough of the reserved cooking liquid, 3 to 4 cups that will created a thick dough.
- To cook the Tamales: stand the Tamales upright on their folded ends,tightly packed together,in the same saucepan used to cook the meat. Add the reserved broth used from making the dough and any additional water so the liquid comes to a 1-inch below the tops or the Tamales. Cover, Place over High Heat and bring to a boil, Approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bring the heat to low. To maintain a low simmer, and put until the dough is firm and pulls away easily to the husk, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.