Twice Baked Spicy Do-Over Sole is a recipe cooked by the girls to repeat the day when everything goes wrong. Hannah fails in finding Ms. Silvers' morbium shadow root seed, Buddy breaks an expensive lamp while Kelly is watching him, and Darbie messes up on her school project. Its first appearance was in Just Add Do-Overs.
It appears again in Just Add Tomorrow. This time, the girls use the spell to fix their day after Erin steals a pie tin from the Peizer exhibit. However, the spell goes wrong and their day is repeated 21 times before the girls are able to get out of the time loop when Erin sneaks a counter-spell into their breakfast.
Story[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
The girls learn that long ago The Traveler gave Ida, Gina, and Becky each a morbium root seed; morbium makes any recipe a thousand times more powerful. Mama P says hers is long gone, but the girls realize that Ms. Silvers's was in the charm bracelet they returned to her. Hannah takes a piano lesson from Ms. Silvers to try to recover the seed, but things go wrong: Kelly's brother breaks a lamp while under Kelly's care, Darbie's school project goes wrong, and Ms. Silvers catches Hannah and kicks her out.
They turn to the cookbook then see Twice Baked Spicy Do-Over Sole ― a "do-over" spell that resets time so they can try again. On the third try, Darbie's school project is a great success, Kelly realizes that her brother is acting out because he wants to spend time with her, and Hannah finds that Ms. Silvers's charm bracelet is empty, but also finds a scrapbook filled with newspaper clippings about bad things that have happened around town.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
|Whoa; A magic spice pantry?|
When a mysterious thief steals an artifact from a museum, Kelly, Hannah, and Darbie cook a spell to rewind the day and stop the culprit.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Pastry[edit | edit source]
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Taurian Diablo Pepper (add 1 pinch of Taurian Diablo Pepper for every hour you want to repeat)
- Dover Sole, scaled, cleaned, trimmed
- vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Sauce[edit | edit source]
- 5 ounces/140g of unsalted butter
- 2 ounces/55g of chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 limes or lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions[edit | edit source]
- To prepare the fish, heat the oven to 400°F. Mix together the flour, chili powder, and some salt & pepper, and dust the fish in it, then shake off any excess.
- Add the oil and heat it until it hazes. Add sole and fry, without moving them, for 3-4 minutes until they form a golden crust. Turn over and transfer the frying pan to the top of the hot oven and cook for a further 8-10 minutes until cooked through and the flesh is opaque.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and let bubble for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat, add ginger, lime juice, and chopped cilantro and warm through.
- Spoon over fish and serve.