Walk-In-My-Shoes Schnitzel is a recipe cooked by Kelly to get out of the house while grounded to help Mama P and Jake cook Curse-Breaking Candied Stone Fruit for the Pluot Festival. Its first appearance was in Just Add Pluots. Next, it appeared in Just Add History.
Story[edit | edit source]
When Kelly is grounded by Hannah for a reason, she turns to Darbie and the cookbook for help. They see Walk-In-My-Shoes Schnitzel which allows Darbie to be Kelly. Then Kelly sneaks to Mama P's to help Mama P and Jake cook Curse-Breaking Candied Stone Fruit. While Kelly is at Mama P's, Darbie does some chores while Terri questions her, then Terri suspects something.
Later in the episode, Darbie uses her advantage to go to Mama P's but Mama P catches her and suspects that Kelly is Darbie. Then Mama P locks Darbie in her pantry.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Note that this serves 4
- 2lb/1kg chicken cutlets or 2 large chicken breasts (preferred boneless)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, matzo meal, or panko
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Elysian salt
- Livonian oil
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Slice the chicken in halves.
- Season chicken with salt and paprika.
- Put flour on a plate. Beat eggs into a shallow dish. Put bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Take one piece of chicken and dredge in flour. Shake off the excess.
- Drip egg yolk onto the chicken.
- Carefully coat with bread crumbs and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- When the oil is hot, put the chicken in skillet and cook until golden brown.
- Towel off excess oil and transfer chicken to a plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with lemon and parsley.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In order to break the spell, say the person's name you are three times, to return to yourself, say your name three times fast.